Friday, January 8, 2010

Choosing a major? Accounting? Medical Coding? Real Estate?

I am currently in school to be a cosmetologist I have 2 months left.. However its not what I thought it was going to be.. I do love it and will continue to do it but I would like to have something else to fall back on or maybe vise versa with hair I have been doing some researching and having a really hard time figuring something out! I would like something that doesn't take long (2 yrs or less) and maybe something like an office job.. I am HORRIBLE at math however I heard accounting only uses basic math but considering algebra almost stopped me from graduating high school that probably wouldn't be my best choice! I have been looking stuff up and I ran across medical billing and coding.. I have never heard of this before.. Is it hard (school and job)? What would I be required to do? What is other security/office jobs called? I don't want to do anything in the medical field as far as nurse ect.. I am squeamish! I don't want to do something that is terribly difficult as I am not the smartest apple on the tree! I also LOVE the real estate business.. I love homes and decorating ect.. interior design is not an option as it is not very stable or at least it wouldn't be around here.. is there a degree to be an appraiser or real estate agent? Is it hard? Any answers are appreciated!Choosing a major? Accounting? Medical Coding? Real Estate?
Find something you LOVE. I became an accountant because it paid well. And it has, but I hate it. I hate the 9-5 routine and the cubicle environment. Go for your cosmetologist license and maybe your real estate license. Real estate would be fun. Maybe not now in this economy but things will change. Plus if you have an eye for decorating, this may be your thing. You can make a lot of money at it.
  • hair shampoo
  • printer toner
  • triamcinolone cream
  • facial scrub
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment