Sunday, December 27, 2009

Having problems understanding medical coding, please help!?

I am doing a self paced medical coding class and am having great difficulty getting the codes right. I understand the concept and the symbols etc. but when the case is put before me, I always get the code wrong... case in point: Collagen injection 5cc - so I went and looked it up under injections and it wasn't there... and I have no idea now where to find it! another case: 9-cm axillary wound repaired by Z-plasty... I don't even know where to begin to look for this... does anyone know of a book or document that goes into more detail on how to do this? thank you in advance!Having problems understanding medical coding, please help!?
Are you looking in the procedure index in the back of the book instead of the front diagnoses portion of the book?


If you are still having trouble, contact your teacher for help.


Remember, not all codes will be specific. You may not find collagen injection, but a generic injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment