Sunday, December 27, 2009

What are some C++ coding programs?

So I have decided to learn C++, because I already learned all the basics of HTML and a lot of the advanced stuff. Anyway, I wanted to learn C++ because I like designing things. Anyway, I'm not sure how to do this. I am looking at some tutorials at Xoax.net, but I'm not sure if it shows a program to make the games themselves. I am currently using MS Visual C++, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't do the modeling and stuff. Is there a specific program used to make the games and coding a stuff?What are some C++ coding programs?
hmm, buddy , C++ will take u a long time to master and the learning curve is not easy ...





Learn Python or PHP. Python would be the best to start with for many reasons :


1.Python is very easy and yet powerful


2.Python has very advanced and yet easy to use built -in data types and object oriented concepts


3.It will teach you a lot of kool programming habits and concepts i na shorter time


4.u will discover the other reasons yourself!





Download :


http://www.python.org/download/





Tutorials:


http://docs.python.org/tut/





Good luck !


What are some C++ coding programs?
Personally, I don't see why you couldn't use Visual C++ to do the coding. You may have to deal with memory management, but there are alternatives in Visual C++.


As an example, a self memory managing class exists called CString. You can do things like this: mystr1 += mystr2; or mystr1 = ';Testing';;


And of course there is the POSIX C routines in the #include %26lt;string%26gt;, which do the same.


There is a product called Visual Modeler (I believe). You can look on Microsoft's website in the Developer's section to see if you can pick it up for free.


I do know that Microsoft has a free set of games libraries to help with the creation of games.





And, even looking at the Python Tutorial page, it's about as easy to read as C++.





And FWIW, I'm self-taught in C/C++/HTML/CSS/PHP/VB, etc. And C++ only took about 3 months to learn. Although it took an extra 2-3 months to learn how to program using STL (template language).


And that's what I primarily code in for my primary job today.
Ok, so you decided to learn C++ because you assumed that you will start designing ';stuff'; and create ';stuff'; and play around with ';stuff';.





Turn around right now and continue playing with your HTML. Or else you will be in for a big surprise and will waste all of your time.





P.S. I can only imagine what you meant by ';advanced stuff'; lol.
Whew.


Just from the way you worded your question I can tell that you're charging bulls when you should be playin with barbies. You don't go from HTML to C++. I doubt you'd get the ';Hello World'; application even if it was injected into your brain.





Get some more coding experience with HTML, DHTML, XML, CSS, and Javascript then move onto the big guns. You have absolutely no idea how hard it would be to get started with C++ and you'll burn yourself out really fast man. I want to hear you succeed so just stick with the basics for now and master those mentioned above.





Good luck and hope you progress.





Words of Wisdom,


- Hex
  • hair shampoo
  • printer toner
  • triamcinolone cream
  • facial scrub
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment