Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why does my text/coding change?

I am trying to code something and I want a link added to some text.





I have a ';Navigation'; section, and ';Home'; needs to link to ';index.html';. When I link the text to the page, the on-screen text changes and moves to a right-justified, bold, underlined, green text. I am using a WYSIWYG coder (Nvu), but I don't know if/what I am doing wrong.





Thanks!Why does my text/coding change?
Looks like the default style definition used for links is ';right-justified, bold, underlined, green';





Just add some style for your links, and it should be fine.





inline CSS in your %26lt;head%26gt; section, or import an external stylesheet.





For example :





a:link {text-decoration: none}


a:visited {text-decoration: none}


a:active {text-decoration: none}


a:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: red;}





would give you a link only visible when the mouse hovers on it.Why does my text/coding change?
Show the code or a link to the page so we can see the source and *maybe* we can answer that question...





EDIT:





Looks like Lucien got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment