Thursday, December 24, 2009

I am building the next social network, where can I find some cheap labor for coding my idea?

I have checked a few sites like guru.com or rent-a-coder or freelancer... but where is the friendly silicon valley guys that love this stuff, lol. I know there are plenty people that help out google for nearly nothing because their passionate in participating. I need some of these guys that really could benefit. I am a starving entrepreneur but have a good sense in starting a website with features of leading social networking sites and some other media content sites. Serious help please!I am building the next social network, where can I find some cheap labor for coding my idea?
You can find many cheap web designers live at freelance websites like http://definitivelab.com/ , http://getafreelnacer.com/ ,http://scriptlance.biz/ , etc .I am building the next social network, where can I find some cheap labor for coding my idea?
You and I pretty much have the same goals and ideas. I too am trying to create a big social site and other projects. Let's have a friendly chat sometime. :)
You can't go cheaper than doing it yourself!
i would just like to point out that social networking has kind of reached a point where there are all ready to many to chose from offering the same basic functionality as each other only really being diverse with there layout.





as for find coder who will do it for you, you will find that extremely difficult due to length of time, complexities in coding and design etc.





nearly all of the social networks online where created by groups or friends interested in the same thing ie web-design programming working from there home in there own time or a couple where solo projects one person work to achieve there goal.





it is unlikely that you will get a coder/ designer to work for small change when they could make the big bucks.





as i said social networking has really expanded and you may wish to use one of the many clones or dev projects out there and rewrite it to look and do what you want.





this is your best option as you can get the site up and running getting people to use your site and as your user base grow and you start making revenue from ads or sign-ups where ever u decide to make your revenue then you can start to employ programmers etc.
EDIT :





Here's some probability for you, ...





Anyone who would actually be skilled enough to be useful to you, would much sooner just play along for a while then run off with your idea. You will not have trouble finding people who are ';willing to help'; but will only be scavenging for whatever they can steal. Oh look right underneath me! I wonder if you've already contacted him?





That's how the guy who ';owns'; Facebook did it. He ripped off someone else's idea, who lacked the skills to put it together themselves.





If your idea is truely very good I'm sure we'll see it soon. Whether YOU will be the one pocketing the cash for it and getting credit for it,.... well the odds are heavily against you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment